Archaeological & Outdoor Recreation Qualifications & Experience
- Archaeological Assessment consultancy and Project management in outdoor visitor facilities.
November 2008 - to Present - Kopuwai Consulting –
- Completed contract to Clutha Gold Trail Trust for 16 land access easements over private land and trail design and alignment for 73km Roxburgh to Lawrence national cycle-way project.
- Contract to DoC Otago Conservancy for heritage assessment of Golden Point Historic Reserve.
- Contract for further archaeological assessment and monitoring associated with Tinker Rae & Dr Morice sites.
- Contract to OPUS for assessment associated with Reids Hill highway realignment.
- Contact to DoC Coastal Otago for Archaeological Assessment of Gabriel’s Gully Historic Reserve Goldfield mining water systems.
- Contact to prepare Teviot Valley Walkways Committee walk & heritage brochure.
- Contract to OPUS & CODC for Archaeological Assessment of gold workings on Sugar Loaf Terraces for community water reservoir resource consent.
- Contract for Archaeological Assessment of gold mining fabric Arthur’s Point for C Streat
- Contract to DoC for historic assessment high country Tenure Review - Obelisk Station
- Contract for Archaeological Assessment Clyde Heritage Precinct site Tinker Rae & Dr Morice sites, Sunderland Street for D & M Wither.
- Assisted Southern Pacific Archaeological Research SPAR in archaeological excavation of mining dwellings associated with hydro operation of Lake Roxburgh.
Nov 2006 to Nov 2008 Project Manager – Contracted to Central Otago District Council
- Developed feasibility study for the Roxburgh to Lawrence cycle and walking trail with District Development team.
- Project managed the development of an interpretative trail and kiosks celebrating 50 years of Roxburgh Hydro in partnership with local community, Contact Energy and CODC.
- Drafted an Outdoor recreation strategy for Central Otago.
- Developed pre feasibility study for walking cycling trail through Roxburgh Gorge.
October 2000 to Nov 2006 Community Relations Programme Manager - Department of Conservation
- Heritage field assessments for various high country Tenure Reviews
- Prepared and managed various heritage site restoration projects for Serpentine Church; Golden Progress, Practcolus (Nevis), Come In Time Battery; Cairnmuir Hut, Potters No2.
- Prepared and assisted in Archaeological Assessments and supervised archaeological excavations.
- Responsible for management of concessions – leases, licenses
- Processing Statutory land management and compliance
- Responsible for the development and enhancement of public,community, organisational and customer relationships.
- Brochure development, volunteer projects, field-days. partnership with local primary schools with Learning Outside of the Classroom (LOTC).
- Management of public information and conservation awareness via brochure development, site interpretation panels featuring biodiversity, heritage and recreation
November 1997 to October 2000 Programme Officer - Department of Conservation
Recreation and Historic Visitor Facilities
- Programme development and staff management for visitor and historic facilities
- Development of joint venture projects with local communities to restore/develop new visitor facilities and or historic structures
November 1996 to November 1997 Conservation Officer, Recreation - Department of
- Management of recreational facilities, concessions, licences and easements
- Development and maintenance of the Central Otago Rail Trail and tracks and walkways. Inspection and maintenance of structures·
- Recreation and Historic site management.
Memberships and Associations
Member of the New Zealand Archaeological Association NZAA
Member of NZ Recreation Association
Member of Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust
Founding committee member of Central Otago Branch of the Historic Place Trust
Central Otago Recreation Users Forum (CORUF) - Member CORUF
Lindis Pass Conservation Group - member
Approved Brand user - Central Otago 'A World of Difference'